Sunday 7 November 2010

Slipknot

Slipknot is my all time favorite band. They are a bit different then most bands with having a total of nine members. They have four released albums each with the same nine members. The first album was a great album full of some really fast drums and great screams. Next came my favorite Slipknot album titled Iowa which is the home state of all nine members. This album is completely amazing such great heavy music and emotion put into the lyrics. Each song was just incredible. After taking a break to work on side projects the band got back together and released another album called "Volume 3 (The Subliminal Verses)". This album was totally different then the first two it was much more melodic and the vocals were a lot more clean. There was even a couple slow songs like " Vermillion part 2" and "Circle". This album was still great and also has the very first Slipknot song I ever heard on it. The song is titled " Duality". That song is the reason why I listen to Metal music. Their next and most recent album was a bit of a mix of the past three CD's. It was a very good album but its probably my least favorite one of the four CD's. Their not really a reason for it i just prefer the other three over this one. Two years after the release of this album the bassist died. I'm not sure if I want the band to find a replacement because their all the original members and I don't know if it would be the same as the first four albums. But if they do replace the bassist I will listen to a couple songs to see if it's any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment